At Oxfam, we strongly believe that no matter how big or small, your donations matter towards building a fairer world for all. Since the beginning, we have tried to offer you innovative and exciting schemes, so that every citizen can take part in an action of solidarity with disadvantaged populations. This philosophy lies behind all Oxfam events.
In a team of four, you will traverse either 100 km for Oxfam Trailwalker in the Morvan in Bourgogne, or 60 km for Oxfam Wintertrail in the Abondance Valley in Haute Savoie. Both these events must take place in less than 30 hours during day and night without relay. If you take part, you will collect funds from your friends and family and experience an extraordinary human adventure.
A unique concept
collect €1,500 and walk 100 km with a team of four, without relay in less than 30 hours
A wonderful place
the Parc naturel regional du Morvan in Bourgogne.
2017 key figures :
- 242 teams
- 968 walkers
- 156 volunteers
- 439 034€ collected
A unique concept
collect €2,000 and walk 60 km with snowshoes, with a team of four, without relay in less than 30 hours.
A wonderful place
the Abondance valley in Haute-Savoie.
2017 key figures :
- 90 teams
- 360 walkers
- 162 volunteers
- 193 797€ collected
« Experience WITH US one of THE GREATEST SPORTing challenges IN THE WORLD! »
An international event
Since the first event in 1981, thousands of walkers around the world have taken part in the challenge and walked collectively the equivalent of more than 100 world tours. Since the beginning, these Oxfam ambassadors have raised over 40 million euros.
Oxfam Trailwalker is fast becoming a global phenomenon: no less than 17 events are now held in 10 countries.
TRAILWALKER OXFAM around the world
Australie : Brisbane — Perth — Melbourne — Sydney
Belgique : Worriken
Espagne : Girona — Madrid — Euskadi
France : Trailwalker Morvan — Wintertrail
Grande-Bretagne : Queen Elizabeth National Park
Chine : Hong Kong
Inde : Mumbai — Bengaluru
Japon : Tohoku
Nouvelle-Zélande : Whakatāne
Where do your donations go?
The donations you collect are directly donated to Oxfam France to finance its programmes in favour of a fairer world.
Every action, campaign, research or tie-in with local partners is only possible through individual donations, which guarantee our independence and freedom of speech.
How we fight poverty
The injustice of poverty demands a powerful and practical response in order to address both its causes and its impact on peoples' lives.
Using a seven-sided strategy to weave together the complex web of our efforts and participation with others, we seek to overcome poverty.
- When people have the power to claim their basic human rights, they can escape poverty – permanently. This core belief underpins our development programmes in more than 90 countries. With our partners, allies and with local communities, we help people to claim rights for themselves.
- Human development is often driven by empowered women. But women and girls are still massively under-represented and often oppressed. We work to help them speak out and demand justice, and to assert their leadership. The right to gender justice underpins all of our work.
- When disaster strikes, we are there. We help people caught up in natural disasters and conflict. We typically provide clean water, food and sanitation in disaster zones. As far as we can, we strive to ensure that both the military and civilians are protected. We also seek to reduce the risk to poor people of future disasters by continuing to work with them long after the immediate crisis is over.
- Natural resources are vital for prosperity, and poor people are often not getting their fair share. This situation is worsened by the impact of climate change which the international community is failing to address properly. We lobby governments, international organizations and corporations for fairer land policies, and take action on climate change.
- To stop people going hungry, we work to secure global food supplies so that people always have enough to eat.
- Right now, almost a billion of us go to bed hungry every night. Not because there isn't enough. But because of the deep injustice in the way the food system works. We can grow in a better way– one that contributes much more to human wellbeing.
- Being able to access basic services such as health and education is essential to people’s wellbeing and to human development. We push to secure adequate financial flows to sustain basic services for poor people.
- Oxfam is aninternational confederation of 18 organizations working together with partners and local communities in more than 90 countries. Oxfam France is one of them.
- One person in three in the world lives in poverty. Oxfam is determined to change that statistic by mobilizing the power of people against poverty.
- Around the globe, Oxfam works to find practical, innovative ways for people to lift themselves out of poverty and thrive. We save lives and help rebuild livelihoods when crisis strikes. And we campaign so that the voices of the poor influence the local and global decisions that affect them.
- In all we do, we work with partner organizations and alongside vulnerable families to end the injustices that cause poverty.
FIND OUT MORE
Oxfam International website: https://www.oxfam.org/
Annual and financial reports: https://www.oxfam.org/en/annual-and-financial-reports